13 Reasons to Leave the House This Weekend | News
Don't you dare tell me you have nothing to do this weekend.
1. Sales tax holiday weekend: On Friday and Saturday enjoy a reprieve from the sales tax on certain items for school including supplies, clothing, shoes and computers. See what is considered tax- free on these two days.
2. Warner Robins 4th of July fireworks! Well, technically August 9th fireworks, for the third try after they were rained out both times in July. (This is weather permitting!) And take note, this event follows the Southeast Little League Tournament's championship game. The fireworks will not be at the football stadium.
2. Perry Consignment Sales for expecting mothers, babies, kids and teens. It's open all weekend: Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
3. The Music Scene in Downtown Macon: Find shows at The 567, The Hummingbird, Roasted.
4. The Perseid meteor shower! You can drag out the lawn chairs late Sunday and Monday night for a shower show! Experts believe you can see up to 70 meteors per hour, with the best viewing times from midnight to dawn.
5. Second Sunday featuring The Travis Denning Band. Head over to Washington Park (that's between College and Magnolia streets) for a free, outdoor concert from 6-8 p.m.
6. Try taking up the 18th Annual Jim Herrin Memorial 5K or 10K this Saturday, starting at 7:30 a.m. Proceeds fund two one-time scholarships for one boy and one girl graduating in Houston County. Race is at the Galleria Mall.
7. Take the kids and check out Liberty Church's Back to School Bash. It's from noon-4 p.m. in Fort Valley.
8. Enjoy clay shooting? Head to Alamo this weekend for Oconee Fall Line Technical College's 2nd Annual Aiming for Education Clay Shoot. That's on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
9. Take advantage of our summer days while we still have them and head to the pool, or just set up a sprinkler in the front yard!
10. Take your pooch pal to the dog park in Macon! They'll love getting to run around in some green space.
11. Remember that one restaurant you drive by on the way to work and wonder how it is? Go there this weekend for lunch.
12. Set up a date night on your back porch. Maybe that date is with a friend, your family or just yourself. Set up string lights, light a candle, turn on the music and just chat. Or read. (Ok, this isn't a reason to leave the house...but it's outside, so it kind of counts, right?)
13. Saturday night you can check out a metal show at The 567 featuring MyChildren MyBride, Erra, Death of an Era, Face all Fears, All is Lost, Rebuker and Adelaide! Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets are $12 at the door.