13 Things To Do for MLK Jr. Weekend | Families
Whether you're wanting to honor Martin Luther King Jr. with others or on your own this weekend, here are 13 ideas for you to try out:
- Donate a backpack or suitcase to foster children in Macon, Milledgeville or Hawkinsville. See dropoff locations:
- Volunteer in the soup kitchen at Daybreak Center in downtown Macon.
- Attend the march in Perry Monday at 9 a.m.
- Visit a Ga. National park. Fees are waived for Saturday, January 19.
- Listen to this unreleased MLK Jr. interview found in an attic.
- Attend the parade in Dublin Saturday. That starts at noon.
- Participate in Milledgeville's MLK Jr. March Monday at noon. Route begins in Huley Park.
- Attend the MLK Jr. breakfast celebration Monday at 7:30 a.m. That's at 2048 Jeffersonville Road. Donation: $5, or reserve a table of eight for $40. Call 478-474-8378.
- Participate or attend the Macon march that starts in four directions and meets in the front of Macon City Hall. They four groups culminate in front of City Hall with a brief presentation. That's Monday at noon.
- In Warner Robins, CK's Lounge North Davis Dr. 1-4 p.m., Monday, Jan. 21st
- Listen to Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech now.
- Put this Warner Robins concert on your calendar for Jan. 31 commemorating MLK Jr.
- Write your own "I Have a Dream" speech.
Top Warner Robins Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
Professional Cleaning Services For your home or business.
A Place of Spirituality and Community, Here & Now
For All Your Surveillance Needs!