HCBOE Releases Pre-K Registration Details | Families
HOUSTON COUNTY, GA – The Houston County School System will register children for Pre-Kindergarten Feb. 19 through Mar. 15, 2013, for the 2013-2014 school year. Parents are encouraged to register during specific dates assigned to their school to help prevent long waits. Approximately 1,300 children are expected to register for Pre-K.
Registration will be held at the Central Registration office from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Dates planned for registration by elementary school are:
· Feb. 19 - 22 ~ Quail Run, Lindsey, Parkwood and Westside;
· Feb. 25 – Mar. 1 ~ Eagle Springs, Pearl Stephens, Miller, Linwood and Northside;
· Mar. 4 – 8 ~ David Perdue, Centerville, Bonaire, Hilltop and Shirley Hills;
· Mar. 11-15 ~ Lake Joy, Perry, Kings Chapel, Matt Arthur and Russell.
Linda Horne, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations, commented, “Currently we have close to 1,100 Pre-K students enrolled, and we expect more than 1,300 to register for Pre-K for this coming school year. To alleviate long lines and extended waiting periods, we ask that parents register their children during the week assigned for their zoned school. We will register Pre-K children anytime during our office hours Feb. 19 through March 15, but it would make the process less lengthy if our parents abide by the schedule.”
Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. Pre-K applicants will be entered into a computer system for a lottery drawing. After registration closes, parents will be notified by mail of acceptance or waiting list status.
Pre-K registration requires the following items:
· Parent/Guardian Photo ID
· Certified Birth Certificate
· Guardianship/Custody Orders if the child does not live with his natural parents
· Two Proofs of Residency— a Lease or Mortgage plus one of the following:
o Utility bill (electric, water or cable bill)
o Property tax statement or income tax statement
o Automobile registration or insurance
o Mail from any government agency
· Social Security Card
· Ear, Eye and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department; required once accepted into the Pre-K program)
· Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231 (available from a doctor or the Health Department; required once accepted into the Pre-K program)
· School Records and Last Report Card, if transferring from another school system
· proof of eligibility for Medicaid, SSI, TANF, PeachCare, or food stamps, if applicable; and
· agreement to participate in parent workshops and monthly parent activities.
For more information about Central Registration, please visit: http://www.hcbe.net/central-registration.aspx. Central Registration is located in the Bert Rumble Complex at 303 South Davis Drive in Warner Robins. For more information about the Pre-K program, please call the Director of Special Programs, Ron Wilson, at 478-988-6330, ext. 10330.