13WMAZ Christmas Cuties 2012 Sweepstakes | Community Spirit
Submit your Christmas Cuties: upload your photo of your kid(s) celebrating Christmas and you'll be eligible to win a $100 Kroger gift card.
13WMAZ Christmas Cuties Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 13WMAZ Christmas Cuties Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are residents of the state of Georgia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and who are parents or legal guardians of the child in the submitted photograph. Employees and contractors of WMAZ-TV (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 11:00 a.m. (E.T) on December 20, 2012 and end at 11:00 a.m. (E.T.) on December 31, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Enter by visiting WMAZ’s homepage at website www.13wmaz.com, click on “Christmas Cuties” in the Check It Out Box and complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions and upload your photo. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. You must include a photograph of your child with a Christmas holiday theme to be eligible. Entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the child in the submitted photograph. The child in the submitted photograph must be under the age of 18. Complete the entry by completing all and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. You must have an account on www.13wmaz.com to submit the photo. Each photo submission must have been taken within the previous 12-month period, be an authentic, original photograph, and the entrant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. Photograph may not have been published previously and no professional photographs will be accepted. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse any photograph it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate, and any photo depicting frontal nudity will be ineligible and withdrawn. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights. Entrants certify that any individuals of any age shown in photos furnished, and the parents and/or legal guardians of any children shown in any photos furnished, have been informed that their, or their child’s, photo has been entered in this Sweepstakes and have no objection to entrant’s submission and Sponsor’s display and posting of such photo for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries, including photographs may be posted on all Sponsor’s websites, or displayed on WMAZ’s newscasts, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:00 a.m. (E.T.) on December 31, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsors. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about December 31, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. (E.T.)
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will receive a $100.00 (one hundred dollar) gift card from Kroger. (ARV: $100.00). The gift card is valid until December 31, 2013.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified at the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Winner must respond to Sponsor’s email notification within 72 hours. Failure to respond to Sponsor’s email notification within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1314 Gray Highway, Macon, Georgia within ten (10) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor. Winners may waive their right to receive prize. Prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each entrant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The 13WMAZ Christmas Cuties Sweepstakes is sponsored by WMAZ-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 15, 2013 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.13wmaz.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), 13WMAZ Christmas Cuties, 1314 Gray Highway Macon, GA 31021. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Courtney McCallum, (478) 752-1445 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.