Houston County Centralizes School Registration in 2013 | Community Spirit
Beginning Jan. 14, 2013, registration for all new students and students changing school zones will be offered at one site. The Central Registration office will be located at the Bert Rumble Complex.
Linda Horne, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations, commented, “Our overall goal is to improve customer service. This central site will help expedite the process, ensure consistency across all 38 of our schools, and make it more convenient for those with children in more than one school.”
The International Welcome Center will be co-located at this site. Valerie Noah will serve as the Central Registration Secretary. In addition, the system’s Homeless Liaison will serve the system’s homeless families at this central location.
The following items are required for registration:
· Parent/Guardian photo identification
· Certified birth certificate
· Guardianship/Custody Orders if the child does not live with his natural parents
· Two Proofs of Residency - a lease or mortgage plus one of the following: utility bill (electric, water or cable bill); property tax statement or income tax statement; automobile registration or insurance; mail from any government agency
· Social Security Card
· Ear, Eye and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)
· Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)
· School records and last report card, if transferring from another school system
Parents will be encouraged to complete registration forms in advance to bring to registration. The forms will be posted on-line in January at http://www.hcbe.net/central-registration.aspx.
The Bert Rumble Complex is located at 303 South Davis Drive in Warner Robins. For more information, please call Horne at 478-988-6200, ext. 10512.