Houston County unemployment rate hits 6.5 percent | Business
Houston County's unemployment rate hit 6.5 percent in January, below Central Georgia's regional average of 7.7 percent and Bibb County's eight percent.
In January 2013, one year ago, the unemployment rate was 9.3 percent in Central Georgia, according to a release.
Central Georgia's regional unemployment estimation from the Georgia Department of Labor includes Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs and Wilkinson counties.
Upcoming Events near Warner Robins
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Macon Second Street Corridor Project underway
- Iconic downtown Macon restaurant reopens Aug. 13
- Former 13WMAZ anchor files whistleblower lawsuit against Ga. National Guard
- Small Grease Fire at Fincher's Barbecue
- Macon hosted its first sponsorship by giving away backpacks loaded with school supplies.